What is Google Home?
Google’s smart speaker is Google Home. It’s a smart electronic device that responds to spoken commands. By just initiating the command, it allows you to interact with the system. As these devices support smart speaker you can control your home or office setting using voice. They actively listen and respond to all voice commands. Below you can see all the best Google Home compatible devices in 2020.
- Google Home Mini Smart speaker
- Google Nest Hub Max
- WeMo Mini
- and many more
How to Choose a Google Home Device?
Picking the best Google Home device might be a daunting task for you, as there are many companies offering smart home devices. Generally, most of the people start with Google Assistant-enabled smart speaker. If you are living in a small apartment and want to choose the best Google Home compatible device which is affordable, you might choose Google Nest Hub, as you can get it at affordable prices.
How to set up your Google Home Device in Easy Steps
- Simply Order the Mini device.
- UN box the Google Home mini device
- Now when you have opened your Google home device, its correct setting is essential. If you are a beginner and have no idea where to start, then this article is for you. Let’s go ahead.
- First, you need to plug your Google home device into the outlet. A few minutes later it will light up. And now you need to set up a connection with your phone.
- To get started you need to download the Google Home app on your phone or Tablet. Whether you are an Android user or iPhone user, you can find Google Home app in the Google Play or App Store.
- After download enter information of Wifi, train your voice and it’s done.
How to Build Google Action for Google Assistant – Beginners Guide
From the below steps, you will learn how to create a Google Action for Google Assistant for beginners
- Open your browser whatever you use
- I prefer Google Chrome
- Go to console.ctions.google.com
- You need to sign in through your Google Account
- Now you need to create a project for Google actions, so simply click on New Project
- Give your Project a name, choose your country and click on create a project
- Now choose your Template, I choose conversational
- Now click on Build Action and then click Add Action
- Build your first Action by clicking get started
- Choose your Agent name in Dialog flow and click on create
- Write your Intent name, click on save and then from below option click on Add training Phrases
- Add your training Phrases for example “How are you?”
Note: you can also add more phrases according to your choice
- Then from below Click on Responses Tab, choose Google Assistant, click Add Response button and choose a simple response
- Now add your Response, For example, I add “I am fine Dear Falak”
- Click on save button from above and your intent is save now
- Now from Left menu click on integration and choose integration setting
- A dialogue box will open from bottom choose test
- Now it will be integrated with Google Assistant
- Click Talk to my test app
- Type or speak “how are you?”
- And Google Assistant will speak “I am fine dear Falak”
So this is how you can create your first Google Action.
How Does Google Home Work?
Google Home uses Google Assistant to perform several kinds of tasks. It helps to control your home using voice (such as environmental control, lightening door locks, schedule for a doctor appointment, security monitoring, and many more), play music, make phone calls, plan trips, calls for a car, and many more. Google home is integrated with other Google products such as Google drive, Google Photos, Google Calendar, and Gmail. So in this way, it helps to get many more out of these tools.
To activate Google Home you need to use the command “Ok Google” Google Home is programmed to listen to the voice. It can be installed on smartphones, tablets, laptops, and smart speakers.
“Hey Google, talk to My Storytime”🌙📔
My Storytime helps families stay connected. Special thanks go out to @instrument with the help of mother, educator and military spouse, Jennifer Oliver.
— Actions on Google (@ActionsOnGoogle) November 25, 2019
What are the features of Google Home Smart Speaker?
You can perform a wide array of tasks with the help of Google Home Smart Speaker accomplish with Google assistant software app. Below you can find what are the features of Google Home Smart Speaker.
- Organize your Life Events with Google Home Smart Speaker
You can use Google assistant for checking events in your calendar. You can overview you’re your events on the calendar by just asking “Hey Google, What’s on my calendar today” or “when will my next event”. Similarly, you can also set up your daily reminders when you wake up in the morning.
- Control your Household with Google Home Smart Speaker
You are now able to perform many household tasks with the help of Google Home. Such as turn on or turn off the light, Show the live stream of a security camera, environmental control, and many more.
- Send Messages with Google Home
Want to send a message to your friends, boss, or loved ones? You can now use Google Home to send messages or dedicated emails.
- Play Music with Google Home
Google Home allows you to listen to music. To listen to music you simply need to start by saying “Ok Google”, and give the voice instructions.
For example, If you love to listen to this song, “what if I told you that I love you”, you simply ask Google to play “Ali gatie – what if I told you that I love you”. So this is how it works.
It’s an amazing device and I believe you will love all these features of Google home.